Prep Time Difficulty Serves
35 minutes Super Easy 12
There’s plenty more to our 100-strong range of extraordinary teas than the perfect cuppa – many of our blends have also become a scrumptious staple in the realm of baking. Cue our crowd-pleasing Earl Grey & Lemon Cupcakes…
2 tsp Earl Grey Loose Tea
150g caster sugar
150g soft unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
12 tsp lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (fan 170°C) and line a 12-hole cupcake/muffin tin with cupcake/muffin cases.
- Add the Earl Grey Loose Tea leaves to a mug with 3 tbsp of freshly boiled water, infuse for 10 minutes, then strain.
- In a bowl, cream the sugar, butter and vanilla extract until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the tea, flour and bicarbonate of soda until combined.
- Divide ¾ of the mixture between the muffin holes, top each with a teaspoon of lemon curd, then divide the remaining mixture on top.
- Bake for 17–19 minutes until risen and golden, and the cakes spring back when touched. Remove and cool on a wire rack.