Make room next to the mince pies and yule log – Jane at Jane’s Patisserie has worked her magic with a festive take on one of our favourite desserts: cheesecake. The secret seasonal ingredient? Our subtly spiced Christmas Hot Chocolate.
300g digestive biscuits
150g unsalted butter
750g full-fat cream cheese
75–100g Christmas Hot Chocolate
300ml double cream
150ml double cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 Flake, crushed
FOR THE BISCUIT BASE
- Blitz the biscuits to a fine crumb in a food processor, or in a bowl with the end of a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter, mix in with the biscuits and press into the bottom of an 8” cake tin.
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
- Pop the cream cheese and Christmas Hot Chocolate powder in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add the double cream and whisk again until thick.
- Spread the mixture over the biscuit base, and set in the fridge for a minimum of 5–6 hours – but preferably overnight.
FOR THE DECORATION
- Whip together the double cream and icing sugar (the sugar helps to stabilise the cream) and pipe over the cheesecake.
- Top with a sprinkle of crushed Flake and a handful of Mini Marshmallows.